Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Thursday 30 September 2010

** Garden Birds Update.**

I haven't done much in the way of garden birding for a while, so today I decided to see what was still about, and has it happens, not a lot, still we should always keep a check on our feathered friends that live with us, to see how they are managing.
The birds that I saw feeding in the garden today was: Great Spotted Woodpecker; Blue Tit(7), Great Tit; House Sparrow, Greenfinch; Goldfinch, Robin; Dunnock; Starling; Blackbird; W/Pigeon; C/Dove.
Species seen flying over: C/Crow; Magpie; Herring Gull; B/H/Gull; House Martin(about 1 dozen high over my home, but many more could be seen looking in the direction of the By-Pass.
No Chaffinch seen today. It doesn't bear thinking about, but it won't be long before the winter Thrushes start arriving.
Well that's about it for this blog, short but sweet.

6 comments:

  1. Ken ,
    Welcome back to blogland in your new cloak .
    That comment probably did you a favour , giving you the chance to re-title .
    Look forward to getting back to normal .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back mate.
    I'll toast your new start with a glass (or two) of the red stuff tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I will catch up with your blogs asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So here you are! Glad to see you posting again and here's to the new blog!

    cheers,
    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I like your new look--very crisp and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So here you are!!! I wondered where you had disappeared to. Not sure how I tracked you down but I did :)

    You have a very smart looking blog here and I wish you all the very best with it :)

    ReplyDelete