Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Tuesday 30 November 2010

** My November Total For Halling.**

Seeing as I don't get out too often to wander around Halling, I was quite happy with my total species seen of 43 species. I managed to add a couple of species to that number today when I had a quick look down by the river. This was possible because Pam had to pop to the doctors. The 3 species I added was Snipe, Teal(m), and Pied Wagtail.
Species seen at the river this morning from the bottom of Ferry Road , over a 25 minute period was:
Mallard(7)
Mute Swan(2)
Teal(1m)
Cormorant(5)
Little Grebe(2)
Moorhen(3)
Kestrel(m)
Redshank(9)
Lapwing(11)
Common Sandpiper(1)
Snipe(1)
C/Crow(2)
B/H/Gull(13)
Common Gull(3)
Herring Gull(5)
Starling(small flock)
Grey Heron(1)
Little Egret(2)
Pied Wagtail(1)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The complete list of species seen for November is as follows.
Blackbird
B/H/Gull
Blue Tit
C/Crow
Chaffinch
C/Dove
Common Buzzard
Common Gull
Common Sandpiper
Cormorant
Curlew
Dunnock
Goldfinch
G/B/B/Gull
Great Spotted Woodpecker
Great Tit
Greenfinch
Green Woodpecker
Grey Heron
Grey Wagtail
Herring Gull
House Sparrow
Jay
Kestrel
Kingfisher
Lapwing
Little Egret
Little Grebe
Long Tailed Tit
Magpie
Mallard
Mistle Thrush
Moorhen
Mute Swan
Pied Wagtail
Redshank
Reed Bunting
Robin
Snipe
Starling
Teal
W/Pigeon
Wren

5 comments:

  1. 7 species on that list that I didn't see this month Ken :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good total Ken, I only got 57 in the whole of New Hythe lakes this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warren.
    I hope you see them on your patch some time soon.

    Phil.
    I am sure you can do better, I don;t think you was trying (HaHa)
    I hope your December total is a good one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding list Ken,beats mine hands down.
    Well done.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 43 is a good number. I don't think I saw nearly that many species this month. I was occupied too much and couldn't get out as much as I would like.

    ReplyDelete