Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Tuesday 1 February 2011

** February 1st. Halling Bird Sightings.**

Today I took a stroll down to the river, well seeing as I was going to feed some carrots to the horses, only I wanted to start my February Halling Bird List. The  tide was high at 11.30am, it was quite cold, with the odd light rain coming down.
Species seen between home and the river: Great Spotted Woodpecker Greenfinch, Robin, Dunnock, Blackcap, Wren, Great Tit,C/Dove, W/Pigeon, H/Sparrow, Starling, C/Crow, Magpie.
Species seen on the river from the railings at the bottom of Ferry Rd was:  Mallard(8,m3,f5)B/H/Gull, Common Gull, Herring Gull,Moorhen(9) Cormorant(4) Lapwing(roosting 29) Redshank(roosting 33)
Species on the green just before the 1st stile: Redwing(4) Song Thrush(2) Mistle Thrush(1) Blackbird(4) Pied Wagtail, Green Woodpecker.
When I got back I spent a while garden watching, and the following species came in to feed: Blackbird, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Chaffinch, H/Sparrow, Reed Bunting, Dunnock, Robin, Starling, Magpie, C/Dove, W/Pigeon.
On the way home I something that I don't see very often around here, and that was 2 Squirrel's.

1 comment: