Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Friday 9 December 2016

** 3 Waxwings At Strood This Lunchtime.**

On the way to doing my mum's shopping today. I took a detour to Strood to see if the Waxwings was showing. I did go to look yesterday but I dipped out.  I arrived at around 12:40. I started looking in the berry bushes/tree's when I neared the top of Bligh Way. Once I  reached The Bounty pub I saw a guy with his camera sitting on the wall. I spoke with him and he told me that  they had been feeding on the berries at the junction of the pub and Albatross Avenue opposite, but he hadn't seen them because he hadn't been there long.
He knew who I was, which surprised me, he remembered me from the time when there was Hawfinches in the churchyard at East Malling. His name is Graham Nicholls. Nice meeting you Graham. I was coming back along Albatross Avenue when I saw him looking up into a tree, and at the top was the 3 WAXWINGS. I was expecting to have to wait a while but I am glad I didn't have to. They did fly over the road to feed on the yellow berries, but they kept going back to the tree opposite. I did try and take a few pictures of them but none of them was very good, I cannot take pics of birds in the top of tree's. I might have been late doing my mum's shopping, but it was worth it. There is plenty of food in that area for them so  hopefully they will hang about long enough to give other people a chance to see them.

7 comments:

  1. Could do with a few Waxwings visiting me Ken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warren.
    I will send some over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to see the Waxwings Ken. Would be nice to get some at New Hythe Lakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phil.
    You never know in the bird world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you Ken - did manage a few shots on the yellow berries but they were directly at the sun https://www.flickr.com/photos/103689821@N02/31547513585/in/dateposted/

    Graham

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wot no pics Ken, send some down here and give me the chance of a lifetime first. Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mike.
    No sorry, no pics, can't really take them looking up skywards.

    ReplyDelete