Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Thursday 22 March 2018

** Lifer twitch At Dungeness. **

After reading about the WHITE SPOTTED BLUETHROAT that has been at denge gulley, Denge Marsh Rd for a while now I thought it was about time I tried to go and see it. I got there about noon and there was some cars parked up at the start of the rough track, but as we sat there a few cars passed us and went further down, so we followed. I saw about a dozen people standing in one particular spot so I though my luck was in. The first person I spoke to when I was getting out was Mike Hook, good to see you again Mike. He showed me where it was, and it was just down the bank, I was expecting to see it further away. It was giving great views. After about a hour or so it want out of sight, I didn't see it again, but I did get great views of another lovely bird, and that was a FIRECREST, a couple in fact. It has been many many years since I last saw one, they have been in the gorse up by the lighthouse at Dunge but I never caught up with them. After leaving there I went over to the reserve for a hour because I was told that a Spoonbill had been seen on and off, but when I got there, there was no sign of it, but I was lucky enough to see the SLAVONIAN GREBE , which was nice. Also seen from the Denge Marsh Hide was a MERLIN and 2 EGYPTIAN GEESE.
After calling it a day we stopped at the entrance to look on the feeders to see the TREE SPARROWS, then we headed for home. I did take my camera with me as usual, but there was no way I was going to get any shots because it was too difficult to hold it steady. When it comes to my "Bird of the Day", it can only be the one and only ** WHITE SPOTTED BLUETHROAT **  Although the FIRECREST came close because of it's lovely plumage.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to see the bluethroat Ken, a cracking bird as is the firecrest.

    ReplyDelete