Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Tuesday 16 November 2010

** Monday 15th Nov, Halling, River Medway.**

It may have been a cold Monday morning, but at least it was dry so, I thought I would see what bird life was on the river. I also checked any berry bushes that I saw  just in case any Waxwings decided to grace my area again, but alas no nothing yet(but I live in hope).
The tide was about half way out while I was there. I couldn't stay long, Pam was going to meet me as we was going out.The bird species I saw on the way to the river was: Robin(1), Jay(3), Blackbird, W/Pigeon, Blue Tit, C/Crow, Herring Gull, Starling, Robin, C/Dove, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Long Tailed Tit, Great Tit, Magpie.
Once at the river, apart from B/H/Gulls, the most numerous species seen was Lapwing(14). The other species seen was: Redshank(7), Herring Gull(8), B/H/Gull(21), Common Gull(3), G/B/B/Gull(1),
Cormorant(3), C/Crow(6), Moorhen(4), Dabchick(1),Grey Heron(1),Common Sandpiper(1 flitting from side to side, as per usual), Pied Wagtail(1), Mallard(5). Then as I was about to leave I saw my first Curlew of the month, along with a flock of about 30-40 starlings which dropped in, and was feeding  in some washed up seaweed.
Garden birds are now increasing, both male, and female Great Spotted Woodpeckers are regulars on the square fat cakes.Other species visiting are: Starling, Blackbird, House Sparrow, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Dunnock, Robin, Wren, C/Dove W/Pigeon,Magpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment