Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Wednesday 25 February 2015

** First garden watch for weeks.**

For the 1st time for weeks yesterday(24th) I spent a short time in the afternoon having a look out of the kitchen window.
I had to go out and fill the feeders up as they have been empty for a couple of weeks, something I really didn't want to due to still feeling rough, I am trying to be a bit more now.
At first I noticed  lack of birds, but they soon started to return, guess they know where they are well off.
At first the usual birds was seen, but after a while the male Blackcap returned, then 2 male  Reed Buntings showed up on the hanging table, one showing more breeding plumage than the other, then later on while waiting for the kettle to boil out of the corner of my eye I saw a large Bird fly into the small tree, I soon knew what it was,  male Sparrowhawk.I think seeing the other birds make a quick exit (passerines 1- Sparrowhawk 0 )
The other birds seen was as followed:  Blackbird, Starling, Wood Pigeon, Collared Dove, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, House Sparrow, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Dunnock.

No comments:

Post a Comment