Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Sunday 18 June 2017

** Norfolk Bird Sightings.

A couple of weeks ago Pam and I went to Norfolk for a holiday and to see friends and I have decided to list the birds I saw on here. I was not able to due this earlier because I was having trouble with postings. I started off with a "Lifer" which was a DOTTEREL at Choseley Barns.I also saw a RED KITE and a YELLOWHAMMER on the way back to the car. The other birds seen was Gannet, Little Egret, Spoonbill, Grey Heron, Greylag Geese, Canada Geese, Egyptian Geese, Cormorant, Marsh Harrier, Shelduck, Pochard, Tufted Duck, Red Crested Pochard, Shoveller, Gadwall, Mallard, Teal, Dabchick, Avocet, Oystercatcher, Lapwing, Turnstone, Little Stint, Curlew Sandpiper, Little Ringed Plover, Ringed Plover, Ruff, Spotted Redshank, Redshank, Black Tailed Godwit, Dunlin, Coot, Moorhen, Skylark, Chaffinch, House Sparrow, Sand Martin, House Martin, Swift, Swallow, Pied Wagtail, Song Thrush, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Wren, Blackbird, Reed Warbler, Sedge Warbler, Cetti's Warbler, Cuckoo, B/H/Gull, Herring Gull, Common Gull, Mediterranean Gull, G/B/B/Gull, Common Tern, Sandwich Tern, C/Crow, Jackdaw, W/Pigeon, Collared Dove, Turtle Dove(3), Pheasant, Red Legged Partridge, Nightjar(Salthouse Heath), Tawny Owl, While listening/watching the Nightjar I found myself in close contact with a Roe Deer, It shot passed me about 20 feet or so in front through the gorse and then it was out in the open, hearing that thunder by, and it was noisy made me jump. and when we was nearly home that night we saw a Muntjac.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ken,looks as if you had a nice time in Norfolk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alan. Thanks. It was really lovely and the weather was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ken, The wildlife is very quiet here because of the heat I think it has gone to Norfolk it might be cooler with all that water.

    ReplyDelete