Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Friday 30 June 2017

** Stodmarsh Reserve, Thursday 29th June. **

Yesterday Pam run me down to Stodmarsh to see what was about, apart from the Red Footed falcon that had been reported quite a bit before hand, but alas I dipped out on that one.
I did see that the bee's are nesting again at the toilet block in front of the car park, to which I gave a wide berth. I was talking to a couple of guys in the car park who told me that there was another bee's nest in a oak tree down the path on the right, so off I went to see if I could get a picture of it, to which I did, it wasn't easy but this is the best of the bunch.
I then carried on to the Reedbed Hide. There was one other person in there who told be that there was a wader out in front that I hadn't caught up with this year, and that was a GREEN SANDPIPER.

I stayed in this hide for the full 2 hours because I wasn't up to walking far today, but I was happy with what I did see. There was another bird that I hadn't see for over a year, albeit a female, that bird being a BEARDED TIT, but she was looking good on the sun shining on her. There was a lot of juvenile Reed Warblers flittering about being fed by their parents, the other species seen was: Marsh Harrier. Common Buzzard. Greylag Geese. Cormorant. G/C/Grebe. Little Egret. Mallard. Shoveller. Teal. Coot. Moorhen. Lapwing. Oystercatcher. Chiffchaff. Swift. C/Crow. Magpie. W/Pigeon. B/H/Gull. G/B/B/Gull. Herring Gull. Common Tern.
My "Bird of the Day"  the ** BEARDED TIT.**
~~~~~~~~~~~
We did have a close encounter with a dragonfly on out way out, all of a sudden a SOUTHERN HAWKER, it flew in through my side window, flying about the windscreen in a panic for a short time and then finally exiting through Pam's side window... great view!
On out way home I stopped off at Blean Woods to see if the Heath Flitillary was about, but it was late in the day and I had no luck, all I saw was a Green Veined, and a Ringlet.


No comments:

Post a Comment