Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Fallow Stag, Knowle Park.

Friday 22 January 2021

** HOME BIRDING WEEK 3 + SHARPS GREEN **

Nothing much has happened this week, the Pied Wagtails was here for the first few days  but then they disappear, I am sure they are around somewhere. No different species was seen, but to make up for it, I did have the occasional visit of another male BLACKCAP, so some days I was able to watch 2 male Blackcaps feeding, mind you I wish it had been a female because she is far more the prettiest.

SHARPS GREEN, GILLINGHAM: I know this is going off on a tangent because I intend to stick to home posts, but my wife Pamela is classed highly vunerable, and after being in for so long we decided to go out for a short drive. Sharps Green is ideal because you can sit in the car and watch the birds and water. I saw the following birds for my year list: REDSHANK. DUNLIN. CURLEW. OYSTERCATCHER. TEAL. MALLARD. WIGEON. SHOVELLER. SHELLDUCK.

I will still be watching here every day, but I expect my blog will change as the weeks go by, because we will probably go out again at some time, but going out is irrelevant, Pam's health comes first. It all comes down to those two important words at the moment "Stay Safe".


2 comments:

  1. I know your position well Ken. Jacque is classed the same and will shortly having her jab until then on hospital trips I take the pretty route with my camera. Stay safe.
    Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike. It seems as though we have got some things in common. Pam is going into hospital for a day op in Feb that had been put off since last year, luckily it is at the completely far end of hospital.

    ReplyDelete